Last night I put the final final stitches into my Flags of the American Revolution quilt (pattern by Jan Patek) -
Thank you Lori at Humble Quilts for organizing this quilt along! I can say I wouldn't have stuck with this, without your deadlines and the feeling of community you created around it.
As I examined the whole quilt before truly calling it finished... I discovered two places where I had accidentally caught big tangly loops of quilting thread on the backing. Errgh. A little freeform applique to the rescue - hence the random star and moon on the already "make do" backing.
I washed it and threw it into the dryer last night before going to bed...
It shrunk up quite a bit... which is fine with me - I really like the puckered up look.
This is a quilt truly for our house, which was built around 1750.